Personalized Learning Manager
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tools to measure practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to create access to equitable, high-quality personalized learning experiences for all learners, ultimately helping each one to reach their full potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating the teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining the school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing the research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize LEAP’s research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffolded trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
- Every person deserves the chance to reach his or her potential.
- Quality education should be available to everyone: anytime, anywhere.
- Innovation can transform teaching and learning.
- The private and public sectors must collaborate to advance education and keep our country competitive.
- The time is now.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The team at LEAP envisions a future in which there are no boundaries to learning – a future in which each and every student’s learning experiences in and out of school create a seamless, accredited, unique pathway that is tailored to that student’s needs, strengths, interests and limitless ambitions.
Over the next five years, LEAP will work toward this vision in two key ways:
Regional Expansion: LEAP will strengthen its impact by expanding its local work, serving an additional 165,000 students at 325 schools and developing additional focus areas such as early childhood, after school and juvenile justice.
National Impact: Through its work in Chicago, home to the third largest school district in the country, LEAP will build the foundation of tools, resources and knowledge to scale its personalized learning work across the country. These tools and resources include the LEAP Learning Framework, which defines and provides strategies for the implementation of personalized learning, and the LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys, which measure the degree of personalization in a learning environment and are now being used across 11 states. Additionally, LEAP will conduct rigorous research to aggregate and analyze data on teacher practice, student outcomes and product efficacy.
LEAP Innovations is seeking a Personalized Learning Manager who will lead the oversight and support for schools and organizations piloting solutions with LEAP. The Personalized Learning Manager will have the opportunity to develop and implement support structures and professional development in personalized learning to enable schools and teachers to implement new products and learning models. The successful candidate will be a part of the team that leads the effort around rigorous and meaningful research and evaluation to improve teaching and learning strategies in Chicago and nationally. The Personalized Learning Manager will visit pilot sites on a regular cycle, supporting teachers and school leaders with their implementations, and collecting best practices in the field to then formalize and share locally and nationally.
- Support ongoing professional development of teachers to evolve their teaching practice, serving as thought partners, problem solvers, and innovation drivers
- Conduct on-site support visits to observe teacher practice, troubleshoot issues, and provide strategic guidance to team leads, teachers and administrators
- Regularly meet with school leaders to support and guide implementation of personalized learning
- Create opportunities for cross-school collaboration and best practice sharing
- Develop mechanisms for reporting out quality of implementations and areas of risk. Identify, track and report on actionable and tangible outcomes.
- Develop robust resources to help pilot sites continuously improve and evolve their personalized learning implementations
- Keep all stakeholders updated on the progress of pilots
- Coordinate and support online communication among pilot sites and cohorts
- Attend national conferences and industry meetings focused on personalized learning as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- 7+ years of total work experience
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Direct experience observing, and providing instructionally based feedback to teachers.
- Experience implementing data driven instruction and/or small group instruction.
- Ability to communicate implementation needs and outcomes to different stakeholders and make recommendations about relevance and implications
- Experience and/or background in personalized learning methodology and instruction
- Experience designing and/or delivering professional development, working with teachers, principals, and other instructors in a collegial manner to inform and improve practice
- Passion for education, specifically improving learning outcomes for all students through the use of evidence based innovative practices and education technology
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- 4+ years of teaching experience. Exposure to diverse student populations is desirable
- 2+ years in an administrative or coaching role providing instructional based feedback to teachers
- Deep understanding of nationwide personalized learning, competency-based, and blended learning models
- Experience working with education technology vendors and developers
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.