Personalized Learning Manager
Personalized Learning Manager
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the US. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's first personalized learning framework and survey tools to measure practice in and beyond the classroom. Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. LEAP also leads the Learning Assembly, a national network of organizations dedicated to scaling education innovation across the country. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase our reach and impact by deploying our thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
LEAP Innovations is seeking a Personalized Learning Manager who will lead the oversight and support for schools and organizations piloting solutions with LEAP. The Personalized Learning Manager will have the opportunity to develop and implement support structures and professional development in personalized learning to enable schools and teachers to implement new products and learning models. The successful candidate will be a part of the team that leads the effort around rigorous and meaningful research and evaluation to improve teaching and learning strategies in Chicago and nationally. The Personalized Learning Manager will visit pilot sites on a regular cycle, supporting teachers and school leaders with their implementations, and collecting best practices in the field to then formalize and share locally and nationally.
- Support ongoing professional development of teachers to evolve their teaching practice, serving as thought partners, problem solvers, and innovation drivers
- Conduct on-site support visits to observe teacher practice, troubleshoot issues, and provide strategic guidance to team leads, teachers and administrators
- Regularly meet with school leaders to support and guide implementation of personalized learning
- Create opportunities for cross-school collaboration and best practice sharing
- Develop mechanisms for reporting out quality of implementations and areas of risk. Identify, track and report on actionable and tangible outcomes.
- Develop robust resources to help pilot sites continuously improve and evolve their personalized learning implementations
- Keep all stakeholders updated on the progress of pilots
- Coordinate and support online communication among pilot sites and cohorts
- Attend national conferences and industry meetings focused on personalized learning as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- 7+ years of total work experience
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Direct experience observing, and providing instructionally based feedback to teachers.
- Experience implementing data driven instruction and/or small group instruction.
- Ability to communicate implementation needs and outcomes to different stakeholders and make recommendations about relevance and implications
- Experience and/or background in personalized learning methodology and instruction
- Experience designing and/or delivering professional development, working with teachers, principals, and other instructors in a collegial manner to inform and improve practice
- Passion for education, specifically improving learning outcomes for all students through the use of evidence based innovative practices and education technology
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- 4+ years of teaching experience. Exposure to diverse student populations is desirable
- 2+ years in an administrative or coaching role providing instructional based feedback to teachers
- Deep understanding of nationwide personalized learning, competency-based, and blended learning models
- Experience working with education technology vendors and developers
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.