Director of Talent
Director of Talent
In support of our mission and ambitious growth strategy, the Director of Talent is a newly created position that will oversee Human Resources for all of LEAP Innovations and be based in our Chicago headquarters reporting to our COO. The Director will collaborate with the leadership team to develop HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain best in class talent. As a hands on, forward-looking business partner, the Director will proactively assess business performance to develop HR solutions that enable critical outcomes, foster leadership success and drive the employee experience. He/She will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
LEAP Innovations® connects innovation and education to reinvent our one-size-fits-all system and transform the way kids learn. We work directly with educators and innovators to discover, pilot and scale personalized learning technologies and innovative practices in the classroom and beyond. LEAP serves as a national hub for a new, collaborative ecosystem of the best and brightest education innovators, digital entrepreneurs, and thought leaders committed to reinventing education in our country.
- Actively own and manage the employee experience lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding and rewarding talent
- Diagnose, translate, and define current and future business needs into an overall integrated strategic HR plan
- Deliver high quality, proactive HR consultation that enables the attainment of strategic business goals and critical initiatives in light of growth objectives
- As an HR Business Partner, change agent, and member of the leadership team, the Director will help drive strategic growth plans and objectives across the organization
- Provide organizational development and support including organization design and enhanced communication processes and reward/recognition programs
- Monitor and develop progressive and proactive reward and recognition strategies to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance
- Assess organization capabilities and identify personalized learning opportunities to promote staff professional development
- support talent assessment and succession planning
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization
- Initiate and maintain effective communications with management staff and employees; provide coaching and guidance on matters related to employee relations/performance management, offer feedback on style and behaviors to improve employee productivity and engagement
- Design, implement and own a holistic performance management system
- Ensure and maintain the alignment of all corporate HR initiatives and programs, implement and deliver HR programs within the organization
- Develop policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce for the organization.
- Develop and drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, he or she should have the following background and skillset:
- 7+ years’ experience in a generalist HR/People/Talent leadership role
- Experience in building process/infrastructure from scratch
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in a startup, preferably during a period of change and ambitious growth, highly preferred
- 10 + years’ progressive experience in Human Resources Management and true Business Partner experience - working with executives and business leaders to facilitate strong business performance and build company culture
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent through advocacy for the company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan with company match and group life insurance.
Position currently available.