Product Development Associate
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the US. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly making Chicago the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's first personalized learning framework and survey tools to measure practice in and beyond the classroom. Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across Chicago, improving the lives of thousands of students. LEAP also leads the Learning Assembly, a national network of organizations dedicated to scaling education innovation across the country. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is ready to meaningfully increase our reach and impact, and deploy our thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
LEAP Innovations seeks a Product Development Associate to provide strategic analysis and execution in the areas of product development, business development, and project management. This position will lend analytical rigor to support decision making and provide support in scaling in strategic growth areas.
- Proactively take responsibility to lead portions of deliverables and draw conclusions from analysis to provide recommendations on high-priority projects.
Project areas will span:
- Business Development, including supporting go-to-market planning/execution, strategic partnership development, and product management
- Product Development, including strategy and execution for expansion of tools and resources, product and industry/market analysis, cross-functional implementation planning and execution
- Assist in problem solving and brainstorming about operationalizing and scaling LEAP’s work
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. S/he will be a professional and confident self-starter with eagerness to undertake tasks both large and small. In addition, s/he should have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Consulting or Product Development, with previous exposure to the education sector a plus
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic achievement; MBA, a plus
- Strong detail orientation and high degree of organization skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Apps
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Position currently available.