Measurement Associate - Certification
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the US. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly making Chicago the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's first personalized learning framework and survey tools to measure practice in and beyond the classroom. Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across Chicago, improving the lives of thousands of students. LEAP also leads the Learning Assembly, a national network of organizations dedicated to scaling education innovation across the country. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is ready to meaningfully increase our reach and impact, and deploy our thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
LEAP Innovations is seeking an experienced education researcher for the position of Measurement Associate to develop the infrastructure to support teacher credentialing in personalized learning. The Associate, reporting to the Senior Director of Research and Evaluation, will have the opportunity to help shape and implement a research and evaluation agenda in this emerging field, thus expanding the evidence base for personalized learning teacher practices, education technology tools, school structures and policies, and, most importantly, outcomes for students. The Associate will work with an experienced team engaged in the ongoing development and validation of a suite of personalized learning tools built around the LEAP Learning Framework, which has established the definition of personalized learning that is getting wide recognition. LEAP Innovations has a strong program in professional development in personalized learning that they are adapting into a credential that has the potential for recognition nationally. The Associate will work with the team that has developed and begun the validation process for the LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys for students and teachers to strengthen the survey and to develop additional instrumentation to build out a credentialing process in personalized learning. The Associate will work closely with program staff negotiating the research and evaluation agendas with schools, districts, education technology companies, and other piloting and innovation-oriented organizations to foster understanding and collaboration around the emerging personalized learning research agenda. The Associate should possess strong quantitative, qualitative, and administrative skills in this newly created role.
- Leading all aspects of LEAP’s personalized learning teacher assessment and credentialing process
- Conducting or managing literature reviews and convenings as needed, with both internal partners from LEAP’s program team as well as national experts, in order to surface and validate the appropriate knowledge, skills, and attributes/dispositions (KSA/Ds) prerequisite to successful personalized learning practice
- Using an evidence-centered design perspective to develop a suite of assessment instruments to measure personalized learning competency of educators.
- Aligning credential and assessment development with LEAP’s existing personalized learning measurement tools including surveys and observation protocols
- Piloting a variety of assessments for those KSA/Ds and determining validity and reliability of those assessments
- Translating research analyses into practical implications for LEAP program teams and LEAP stakeholders
- Communicating design and integrity of research analyses and results to the larger personalized learning ecosystem
- Participating in appropriate cross-functional team meetings, working to integrate program and research needs
- Serving as a member of the Research and Evaluation team, helping to align quantitative and qualitative research designs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for quality, speed to completion and accomplishment. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- 7+ years of total work experience, including at least 3 years of administrative experience leading and supervising others, developing and validating systems of assessments and survey research;
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in education research, statistics, psychology, learning sciences, economics, or public policy, with a strong focus on quantitative evaluation and assessment development; Ph.D. strongly preferred;
- Quantitative experience: understanding validity, factor analysis, analytic skills and modeling;
- Strong understanding of systematic assessment, particularly Evidence-Centered Design;
- Knowledge of K-12 learning outcome measures, including assessments, surveys, administrative data collection, management and analysis, and teaching practices;
- Education experience: familiarity with the teacher credentialing, certification, and licensing space; experience with teacher development (pre-service and in-service)
- Administrative experience: project management, and strong team orientation;
- Passion for education, specifically: improving learning outcomes for all students through the use of technology and personalized practice;
- Expertise in examining systems in education that include the interactions of multiple stakeholders in an innovative education ecosystem;
- Communication skills including writing, publishing, and presenting;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven record of developing and sustaining sound working relationships;
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Experience leading small and medium sized projects, proposal development, leading and participating in cross functional teams;
- Ability to communicate research needs and outcomes to different stakeholders and make recommendations about relevance and implications;
- Knowledge of personalized learning models and research preferred;
- Experience working in a grant or contract funded environment preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan with company match and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.