Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer will support LEAP’s rapid growth, helping to revolutionize education and dramatically strengthen the academic performance of elementary and high school aged children and will play a key role in helping LEAP to meet its significant goals for local and national expansion and will be responsible for both direct solicitation and supporting the Director and CEO as they solicit donors.
The successful candidate will be a driven, entrepreneurial development professional who is the consummate team player and has a demonstrated track record of success in personally raising funds across a spectrum of donors, especially individuals. The Major Gifts Officer will have direct responsibility for a donor portfolio, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Personally cultivate and solicit a portfolio of major gift donors, focused on 5- and 6- figure gifts from individuals and corporations
- Write and prepare quality donor communications including proposals, meeting presentations, correspondence and donor reports
- Work with Director to develop and maintain prospect and donor portfolios
- Contribute to the execution of events and other stewardship activities
- Creatively contribute to the implementation and expansion of LEAP’s ambitious fundraising efforts
- Support cross-functional collaboration, aligning across program and research teams on strategy and goals to maximize effectiveness of the LEAP Pilot Network
*Duties, responsibilities and work related activities may change at any time with or without advance notice to support the organization’s growth trajectory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic achievement and relevant experience
- Two (2) to six (6) years of relevant work experience, previous exposure to the K-12 education or edtech sector a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience managing clients and/or partners in professional capacity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building capabilities
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Apps
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.