Strategy & Operations Manager
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. LEAP launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tool to measure personalized learning practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 140 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2018 Golden Apple Impact Award and 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact in the personalized learning space by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to transform education nationwide into a uniquely personal experience, designed to prepare, empower and inspire all learners to ignite their unlimited potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
These stories below speak to the heart of what we do:
The Strategy & Operations Manager will help build and scale LEAP programs to create a national impetus for personalized learning and accelerate its effective implementation across the country. The Manager will work with LEAP’s Programs team and with cross-functional leads to align and execute on priorities throughout the organization, driving efficient, sustainable operations for LEAP Innovations.
The Strategy & Operations Manager will work closely with LEAP Leadership to report, define and execute major strategic processes for the organization, providing structure and guidance across functional areas to align with five-year strategy implementation.
- Support the LEAP Portfolio/Program’s Team’s strategic planning process and maintain visibility into performance, including goal setting and KPI measurement.
- Lead a client services team by developing work plans, framing and structuring analysis to draw conclusions and develop insightful recommendations.
- Analyze and interpret trends and communicate their implications and provide feedback to LEAP’s Portfolio leadership, Product and Research teams to help inform scaling efforts.
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives to improve cross-functional alignment and operational effectiveness.
- Support formulation of business strategy and execution plan through interpretation and insights generated from data.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, including edtech companies and other clients / partners in the education ecosystem, both locally and nationally.
- Work with edtechs, pilot schools and cross-functional program team to facilitate high-quality pilot implementations that capture product feedback for edtech partners, proactively improving the partnership experience.
- Support cross-functional collaboration, aligning across program and research teams on strategy and goals to maximize effectiveness of the LEAP Pilot Network.
*Duties, responsibilities and work related activities may change at any time with or without advance notice to support the organization’s growth trajectory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic achievement and relevant experience
- Two (2) to six (6) years of relevant work experience, previous exposure to the K-12 education or edtech sector a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience managing clients and/or partners in professional capacity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building capabilities
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Apps
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan, group life insurance and generous PTO
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.